At Amalur we strongly believe in a sustainable, supportive and responsible world and pride ourself on being socially and environmentally friendly.
Amalur was born after one year of studying the nature of bamboo. We discovered that this flowering perennial evergreen plant of the grass family grows spontaneously and very fast in the fertile lands of Java and is also one of the most abundant and renewable resources on our planet. It is extremely adaptable and resilient and doesn’t require petrochemicals or artificial pesticides, making it both cost-effective and toxin-free.
Bamboo grows at an impressive rate of up to 3.5 feet per day and is truly one of the world’s greatest renewable resources. If you consider that an average hardwood tree grows only about 12 inches annually, then in comparison, the bamboo plant grows over 1,000 times as fast.
Bamboo and Sustainability simply put:
- It is grown without pesticides or chemical fertilisers
- It requires no irrigation
- It rarely needs replanting
- It grows rapidly and can be harvested in 3-5 years
- It produces 35% more oxygen than an equivalent stand of trees
- It sequesters carbon dioxide and is carbon neutral
- It is a critical element in the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere
- It is an excellent soil erosion inhibitor
- It grows in a wide range of environments
As a natural grass that prosperously grows in this archipelago, we chose the black Java bamboo to create our Amalur free energy speakers. We sourced this bamboo from the foot of Merapi, the most active volcano in Indonesia and next to the sacred Buddhist temple of Borobudur. As a company, we will always be committed to the social and sustainable development of the inhabitants of this area, with the least possible impact on nature.